What is this business worth?
Attorneys, accountants, and business owners have called upon Valuation Resource Group, LLC for over 16 years for answers to this question. Whether you’re selling your business, buying out a partner, gifting an ownership interest to your children, or even going through a divorce, nearly every business owner will ask this question at some time in his or her life. At Valuation Resource Group, LLC we work with accountants, attorneys, financial planners, equipment and real estate appraisers and other professionals across New York State not only to determine the appropriate value or your business, but to facilitate the event or transaction that drives the need for the business appraisal.
The value question arises for a variety of reasons:
- You are considering retirement and would like to know the value of your business for the purpose of either selling the business or gifting it to relatives. Or, perhaps your children do not want to be the next generation of owners and you need help developing alternative transition plans.
- You are considering the purchase of a business and would like some assurance that the purchase price is reasonable or need assistance with the purchase price allocation.
- You are considering a divorce and need to know the value of your business so you can equitably divide the marital assets.
- You are the executor or administrator of an estate and need to know the value of the business interest to determine estate taxes.
- You and your co-owners wish to establish a fair market value for a buy-sell agreement.
- You wish to establish an employee stock or stock option plan and need to determine the fair market value of shares to determine employee compensation.